Saturday, February 12, 2005

ADT Book Recommendations

I've been hesitant in the past to make the following recommendations, because many who know me also know that I consider Paul Aubin to be a personal friend, and he and I are in frequent contact. Paul and I became friends while working on complementary projects - at the time he was working on the "ADT Implementation Guide" for ADT 3.3. Therefore, my opinion could be seen as biased. Regardless, I feel compelled to recommend his books for ADT users who want to expand their knowledge. Paul's knowledge of the software, familiarity with Architectural practice, and his concise, easy to understand and thorough writing style make his books, in my opinion, superior to all other publications on the subject.

If you're using ADT 2005, I recommend his most current works:

"Mastering Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005" - an excellent resource for the day-to-day use of the product.

"Mastering VIZ Render for Autodesk ADT Users" - co-authored with James Smell, of Autodesk, this is a must for anyone who wants to fully understand how to use ADT with the built-in rendering application that comes with it.

You can purchase Paul's books at Amazon.com, however, since I've shamelessly plugged my friend's works, let me also ask you to to go his website to get to Amazon, as he will get a very small commission off of your visit.

Watch for more updates of his work soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger BethPowell said...

I also always suggest Paul Aubin's books to all my students. It's on my recommended reading list I provide them.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home