Thursday, September 21, 2006

ADT 2007 - Implementation Guide - DONE!

I am really, REALLY, pleased to announce that Paul Aubin and I submitted the final manuscripts to the publisher a few weeks ago for "Autodesk Architectural Desktop - An Advanced Implementation Guide" (second edition). This is the long-awaited update from the previous work that Paul did for ADT 3.3, re-written for ADT 2007.

It should be available for purchase on Amazon.com sometime in mid to late October. Watch Paul Aubin's website for more details and availability.



I really enjoyed this first foray into writing. The process was completely alien to me, but I found it to be fun, as well as taxing. Thankfully, my wife and kids were patient with me through many late nights and weekends sitting at the dining room or kitchen table typing away, talking with Paul on the phone, etc.

As rewarding as the experience was, I don't recommend it for anyone else with a full-time job. I'm amazed I was able to balance work, family and writing enough to (hopefully) not piss off too many people.

Of course, this blog suffered big time - I pretty much have blown this thing off since last Spring. I hope to have some meaty articles to post within the next week or so to make up for the hiatus!

3 Comments:

Blogger David Koch said...

Congratulations! I look forward to the new book. Rumor has it that we may be rolling out 2007 in the not-to-distant future, so I am certain the book will be very useful.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Mistress of the Dorkness said...

Matt,
Congrats on crossing the finish line!

Hey, is that a new profile photo? ;)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Pedro Aroso said...

As an architect, I work with ADT since version 1 (1998).
I have also written two ADT books ( http://www.fca.pt/cgi-bin/fca_livros.cgi/?op=2&isbn=972-722-446-6 ) and run a site dedicated to it ( http://www.e-architect.net/ ).
Until now, I did buy every book on ADT, because I wanted to learn as much as possible.
Now I begin to wonder if it is worthwhile the effort. Autodesk wants to kill ADT in favor of Revit and, in Portugal, dealers only have eyes for Revit.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home